From the DC blog: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/05/14 ... p-solicits
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #12
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by AARON LOPRESTI and MATT RYAN
Cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND
On sale AUGUST 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE
• It’s the funeral for ROCKET RED.
• Several members resign from the team – who will be left?
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL ANNUAL #1
Written by GEOFF JOHNS and DAN DIDIO
Art and cover by JASON FABOK
On sale AUGUST 29 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
• Will this issue be the final adventure ever for JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL?
• The true nature of O.M.A.C. revealed!
• Ties in to the shocking events of JUSTICE LEAGUE #12!
• Guest-starring BLUE BEETLE!
Notice this is the final issue of JLI. Dang, I know a lot of people had issues with this series, but I liked it.
So here is my baseless speculation on what happens. In the annual, Brother Eye is awakened and sends OMAC after the JLI. In the ensuing fight the JLI appears to die. Since Batman created Brother Eye, he and the Justice League get blamed, leading to the fight we saw in the Free Comic Book Day comic. And Steve Trevor masterminds the whole thing (I cannot be the only person getting serious Maxwell Lord vibes off that guy). And at some time later the JLI makes a surprise reappearance, having not actually died.